Friday, November 7

...and I lived to tell about it.

 Yesterday, Thursday, was anything but uneventful. The day started with a class from Lisa from Vegas then we had an afternoon of posture clinic with Bikram. The 5:00 class was taught by Yana from Australia, it was an “easy” class except for the fact that I ate some candied peanuts right before class, which made me queasy almost immediately after class started. Good thinking Danielle.  I got through it though and was happy and relieved when class was over. So as people started to get up to leave the room Manalie walks in and tells us all to go back to our mats and stay in the room. You see 5:00 class was supposed to be taught by Bikram so we all thought it a bit weird that Yana tought it instead…. So then Manalie walks in the room with Bikram’s orange towel (he always puts it on his chair for class & lecture) and everyone’s face dropped. Next thing we know in walks Bikram, “Check, check, 1-2-3-4”. (He always enters class saying that). So we had another class less than 10 minutes after the last. The beginning breathing exercise was so pitiful, about half, maybe more, of the class was sitting down or running out of the room to refill their water bottles, which I eventually had to do as well. Some people were straight up panicking, some crying and some, myself included, laughing out of pure disbelief. It was HARD. Maybe if we had been told that we would have a double, or triple I should say, then we could have prepared somewhat, more mentally than physically. But it was a complete surprise and shock. At first I was laughing, then I got a little angry, then I just got over it and did the class the best I could. So many people were sitting out that those who had the strength to do the postures had no choice but to do them. I don’t know if I should call it strength, maybe more like ability to stand up somewhat zombie like, simply going through the postures blank faced. I mean really, everyone looked like they were dying & I’m sure some people really thought they might be. I did almost all the postures, for as long as I could, and as deep as was humanly possible for me at the time. My muscles were totally fighting me the whole class and by the middle of the class my head started throbbing. But before I knew it it was over, thank God! Everyone lived and the doctor they had waiting outside didn’t even get any business. We then had 1 hour to eat and shower and get back to lecture by 10. We were all so exhausted after that 3 and then Bikram decided to keep us up until 2:30 am.

This morning a guy from New York taught- it was probably the hardest class I’ve had in a while. My whole body was stiff and sore, which is nothing new it was just worse than normal. We had posture clinic with Bikram again this afternoon; they gave us until 2:00 to  start posture clinic which was awesome because they usually only give us until 12:30 or 1. 5:00 class was taught by Ren, which had everyone a little worried after the stunt they pulled on Thursday because Bikram pretty much always teaches evening class when he’s here. But thankfully they let us go after just 1 class.

So now here I am waiting to go to lecture at 8:30. I can only assume that it will be another late night. Boy it would be nice to get some sleep though….I know what I’m doing this weekend!

Once again the week has flown by. Only one week left! It’s going to be a bittersweet last week. Our last class is Friday evening because our graduation is on Saturday. So after tomorrow mornings class only 10 classes left! Sweet!

No comments: