The reality of training being over didn’t really sink in until today. Don’t get me wrong, I’m ready to go home but there is so much here to leave behind: friends, breakthroughs, pain, delirium, exhaustion, a yoga class of 309 + people with more energy in the room that I’ve ever experienced, the hottest yoga room I’ve ever been in, disgusting smells in the yoga room, doubles, triples, Bollywood, Chula Vista, sunshine & beautiful weather all the time, weekly $20 massages, dreaded trips to Wal- Mart, earthquakes, waking up at 6 am just to chug a protein drink then hit the sack for another hour & a half and the list could go on and on. This has definitely been the most valuable learning experience in my life thus far. I still have so much to learn and I’m sure I will never stop learning when it comes to teaching yoga. This experience in my life coming to an end is both somewhat depressing & exciting. Lindsay & I were talking to Lynn Whitlow today (a senior, senior teacher) & she was saying to be prepared to be depressed when we get home, it’s normal. She said it happens because for 9 weeks of our lives we have been focusing on ourselves, not in a selfish way but in a learning and developmental way. We have been in a yoga community for 9 weeks, somewhat secluded from the real world. Ok, maybe a lot secluded from the real world. We don’t have to do laundry or cook, do dishes, clean houses and we have no obligations or responsibilities other than being at yoga on time in the am and pm & lecture in the afternoon and evening. But don’t think for a second that it has been easy or leisurely. We have been completely submerged into a new way of thinking and living, all the while pushing our bodies further than we ever thought we could and further than we ever even wanted to. So going home will be a big shock. Our little yoga community will be no more; we will be back in the real world with responsibilities and focuses beyond ourselves. Not to mention the fact that it will be weird not to have a roommate! I will definitely miss Lindsay but we plan to meet up soon, probably in February.
So today, our last Sunday, I spent no different than rest although probably lazier than usual. This past week really drained me! This morning we went to Wal-Mart…it was our last Wal-Mart trip! Aww. It was really short and sweet seeing as we no longer are in survival mode stocking up on anything and everything we can find. We basically just bought produce. We than ate lunch at Chula Vista and then I went to the beach for a massage- my last massage L After that I laid out but it was really overcast today so didn’t stay out for long. And that’s absolutely all I did today. I’ve been relaxing in my room since about 4 & started packing a bit seeing as we won’t have time this week and I don’t want to spend all graduation day packing. So tomorrow is the beginning & end of week 9, once it’s Monday it’s already Friday it seems like.
On our walk to Wal-Mart
Goodbye Acapulco Wal-Mart!



No comments:
Post a Comment