Tuesday, October 14

Tuesday


Wow, today's classes were awesome! The room felt so good compared to last week! This evening's class was a really good one for me. I didn't feel like I had too much energy but it ended up being a really calm class for me; like I wasn't stressing about doing everything perfect, etc. And when I was doing Hands to feet pose I went to lift my hips up & stretch my body down and it felt like my hips completely shifted. It was really weird and a loud pop... it scared me but I felt a little more free afterwards in my lower body. So that was interesting.  I haven't  needed to drink nearly as much water as when the room was stifling hot. I was drinking about 1 & 1/2 liters but the past 2 days I have drank about 1/2 a liter each class...so that's good. 

We had a new teacher this afternoon, can't think of his name at the moment, but he's a senior teacher and he will be with us through the end of training. I really enjoyed his class, he made it really fun and actually had 2 girls (one woman I should say, she's 62!) get up and teach a posture, it was pretty cool. So I'm pretty excited about having him teach more. Bikram left this morning for 2 whole weeks to travel to about 15 different cities for seminars & interviews so this teacher we had tonight will be teaching a lot of classes while he's gone. So on one hand we will get a break from his oh so lovely lectures :) but on the other we will be doing posture clinic a lot more. We have it tonight which means we will be doing Tree & Toe Stand in addition to Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee that we just did this afternoon. Once again let me tell you how glad I am to have learned the dialogue before coming here. Now that we are doing 2 postures a day people are learning them literally 1-2 hours before they have to get up and say it. I can only imagine how stressful that must be. 

So Bikram lectured last night, only until midnight amazingly! It was a really good lecture. He told us that no other teacher training will ever know or understand what we went through the past 4 weeks of our lives with the yoga room. He said we are much stronger for it (not than other teachers but just us as individuals).  So that made us all feel good having him acknowledge what we went through....and survived to tell about, lol. Compared to what classes were like before,  classes now seem much easier. But don't get me wrong they are still pretty hard. 

Well I'm going to go practice the next 2 postures before posture clinic. Talk to y'all soon.
I only had time to get one pic downloaded today. It takes forever!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
That is great news that the yoga room is better. Before class on Monday I told our instructor about how irritated and sore my back was on the left side. she showed me a couple of things to try in class that really helped. She said she had learned it in training, so I can't wait until you come back with lots of tips fresh in your mind. You need to jump up and down - today is the mid-way point of your training! It will go faster now, and you'll be back soon.
Take care - we miss you
Love,
Kimz