Luckily I was able to fly out Friday. I had a good flight, only 2 1/2 hours. The drive to the hotel would have been only about 15 minutes but there was a lot of construction so it took a while longer. Let me tell you how crazy the drivers are down here! I mean it's way worse than NYC.
Pretty much, if there's a traffic light they just ignore it. It's chaos. To get to the main road to the hotel our shuttle driver ended up turning into on coming traffic, which as you might guess didn't go too well! It took a while to get through the all the cars and we had to dodge a few mad drivers. Anyways, we finally made it to the hotel & OMG! It's amazing. It's huge and beautiful and the ocean is awesome. There is a huge open air lobby, which is great but would be even better if it weren't quite so humid here. The weather is beautiful though, don't get me wrong...it's just humid!
I met about 5 other BYTT on my flight which was nice. Turns out we are all one the same floor pretty close together. A couple of them are from Dallas, one from Philly, and can't remember the others. I don't know who my room mate is yet, I thinks she's arriving today. Can't wait to find out! So after we got to the hotel we were all starving so we went to a restaurant right in the resort & it turns out that will be the one we will be eating our buffet brunch at everyday. It was pretty good & looked like they had a good variety. After that I came back to my room and unpacked everything and got everything arranged. There's actually quite a bit of room so that's good. We each have our own fridge and there's plenty of closet and dresser room. Around 6:30 a few of us met back up and made our first trip to Wal-Mart! Lol. Boy was that interesting. I'm so glad our Wal-Mart's aren't like that. It was a mad house, not to mention the 15 women standing behind the meat counter wearing masks over their mouths begging us to buy meat. It was just creepy, you had to see it to get the full effect! So after that I cooked dinner in my room, I ate rice with salmon (canned) and avocado. It was actually very good. By then I was exhausted, and overwhelmed, so I took a shower and went to sleep. It took me a minute to fall asleep because there was a gecko crawling around the walls, yuck! It didn't get me in my sleep thankfully :^)
So right now it's Saturday morning and I think I'm going to go to the beach and study my dialogue. How good does that sound?! I still can't believe I'm here. It's very surreal. It's a very weird feeling I have being in this beautiful resort, somewhere most go for vacation and to relax, but I know that for me it's going to be lot of work and stress. So yeah, it's really weird. We're all wondering when the Bikram people are supposed to meet because all they handed us was a piece of paper with rules for BYTT but nothing about when and where we will all convene. We all thought there would be more information given to us! Guess we'll just wait and see. Oh! we checked out the yoga room yesterday, WOW. It's HUGE! And let me tell you, it is HOT. The heat wasn't even on and the doors were open & we were all sweating just standing there. When you walk into the room it just drops down. It kind of reminds me of a dungeon. I hear that since it's built that way all the heat gets trapped down there. Great! Lol. Can't wait to take a class though, it will be awesome having so many people together. Well, time to hit the beach! Talk to y'all later!
Some photos from around the resort: 1-4) the lobby & other random pics
5)Looking down towards the yoga room, this photo doesn't do it justice.
6-10)View from my room (this am) 11) my room 12)New friends- Julie, Allison & Isaac


No comments:
Post a Comment