
So we just got out of our 1st class. I can't even begin to tell you how hot it was in there. All I know is that the room stays around 70% humidity, crazy huh? I have NEVER sweated so much in a yoga class, or in my entire life! I have never been in a class that long either. It lasted 2 hours. Luckily Bikram told us all "take it easy honey". He said this first week to take it slow and listen to your body while we are all acclimating to the heat. Umm, excuse me but are you serious?! I don't think my body will EVER get accustomed to that kind of heat. I did as much as I could but I happily took his advise and took it easy, I sat down quite a few times and didn't do all the postures to my full ability. So other than the fact that is was extremely hot and hard, it was a good class. The begining breathing exercise was a pretty amazing sound. It sounded like a huge swarm of bees, it was like a low, deep humming noise. It was very powerful. At the end of class Bikram played one of his songs. Yes you heard right, Bikram sings, he has his own CD. I was like OMG when he told us this but it was actually kind of pleasant. Perfect for after class to wind down & relax...and cry. Uh yeah, I cried for a million reasons. But what's great is that you're so sweaty that no one can ever tell :) Not that I would really care anyways. It is what it is, right?
I am SOOO glad to have the first class out of the way, such a relief. But now that I know just how intense the classes are I am like whoa, that! for 9 weeks! 2x a day! I can't even imagine it at this point.
Tomorrow after morning class we start reciting Half Moon for Bikram and the other 300 some students, that will be a whole different kind of nervousness. I have never spoken in front of that many people before. Oh, and a quick comment on Bikram himself; he's not at all what I expected. He was actually a lot nicer that I had heard he was, so that's a relief. Now, that may change next week but for this week he's cool. ;) Well now I'm going to take a shower, boy do I need one, and then make another trip to Wal-Mart...so much fun.
Pics: 1-2) The roomy & I (she's very cool by the way & turns out we weren't actually supposed to be room mates but we ended up that way...& I'm glad :) We have quite a bit in common & we are both tiny, lol.
3-4)Beach this am...beautiful weather today.
2 comments:
danielle- i'm so glad you admitted to crying. it makes me feel better- i had a sweaty sob as well on the mat right when they turned out the lights. i think so much comes out after such an intense class. glad we all sat together. it made it much better:) hope you are having fun at walmart!
Danielle--
I know you are going to love this experience. nothing anyone could have said or done could prepare you, yet i know you are prepared for the challenge.
I MISS hearing Bikram sing at the end of class. To read what you wrote, crying and all, took me right back to that place.
much love
Cisco
Post a Comment