Monday, September 29

Just Let It Go & Breathe

This statement is starting to have a whole new meaning to me as this training progresses. We have so many opportunities while we are here to go deeper into a posture or have a better class than the one before. There is no reason to beat yourself up or feel bad about not being able to do what you are used to doing or what others around you are doing. There will be so many things hurting, stiff, sore, cramping, etc. that everyday and every class IS going to be completely different than the previous one so there is no reason to have any expectations about your practice. This is something I am coming to terms with. I have always been one to push myself and try to do everything as perfectly as possible, and while I still am doing the best I can, my best is not so good some days. And this is okay. I no longer care what someone beside me may be thinking when I have to sit down or if I need to come out of a posture early; I am doing what I can at that moment and that is good enough for me. Instead of over analyzing anything I simply let it go, breath, and move onto the next task. I have about 100 chances (classes) to do better...or worse... than before. 

4 comments:

Duffy Pratt said...

100 classes? I know you are just talking about teacher training. Take a slightly larger perspective. Yoga, I hope, is for life. So you should have considerably more than 10,000 chances to do better or worse.

For me, the great thing about what you are saying is that its something we are told basically in every class. And it's still SO hard to learn. (I know I struggle with the same ideas all the time.) If you really learned this lesson -- and nothing else -- from teacher training, it would be more than worth it. You could count all the rest as just an amazing bonus.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are learning some wonderful things about yourself and life in such a short time! We all love and support you from our little orange room in Sugar Land.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Success is cumulative. As long as you are engaged in the process, you can consider yourself a daily or even hourly success. Good for you, you are succeeding!

Anonymous said...

Keep kicking ass chica!!! Life in general is the same as the yoga. Push yourself but with no expectations. We should never go into anything with expectations just aspirations. -Stephen BYSL