This morning's class went pretty good but it got hard for me to breath once we got to the floor series. I think it's because I used ice in my water today which I never do but I always hear everyone else's ice slushing around & it sounds so good so I tried it. And of course the teacher today said you know when you're drinking ice water it actually makes your body hotter, which I totally could feel that. So from now on no ice. Plain water works fine for me. We have anatomy class then posture clinic here in a minute then evening class then more posture clinic. I think Bikram gets back today so we may have lecture after 11.
long time no talk
14 years ago

3 comments:
I've heard the ice water thing is true but damn ice water is soooo freaking nice!!! Stephen
It makes you hotter and it takes longer for you to absorb it into your system. For hydration, lukewarm water is the way to go. For comfort, ice is nice, but it is a crutch.
There is a breathing trick for cooling off. Curl your tongue up, and inhale through your mouth like you are using your tongue as a straw. The air sliding over your tongue will cool you down. Really, try it sometime.
It sounds like you are doing pretty great. I'm really enjoying your blog.
Great tip, I will try it!
Post a Comment